How to start your day off right, according to me.
STEP 1: Wear white shirt to go build haunted house, against husband’s objections
- HIM: What if it gets sweaty, or torn?
ME: This is my white shirt. A construction project will not be what ruins it.
STEP 2: Dribble chocolate on white shirt.
- Congratulations! Shirt is now pre-ruined.
STEP 3: Reach for bleach pen and apply liberally.
- Stain is gone. Yay!
STEP 4: Read instructions on bleach pen:
- “Do not apply to garment while wearing.”
STEP 5: Realize that Irish ginger should have left 20 minutes ago and is not yet wearing sunscreen.
- But! Shirt is still white! So it’s aaaaalll good, right?
- Nope, need the sunscreen.
STEP 6: Apply sunscreen. Break bathroom door in process (don’t ask me how, put your own spin on it)
- Announce, so this can be fixed while you are away
- ME: Because I’m breaking everything I touch today! Probably shouldn’t be driving, bye!
OFFSPRING: She probably shouldn’t be building, either.
HIM: Eh, the worst that can happen is it’ll get more haunted. Or some sort of curse.
ME: That’ll be cool!
STEP 7: Drive all the way out to BFE and then realize that you forgot to eat breakfast.